Jackie & Jonathan's Playhouse

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Birthday Update!

Hi Everyone,

Even though my party was canceled this weekend, my family really came through in making me feel like my birthday wasn't forgotten.

First, Mommy & Daddy made a last minute decision to postpone, rather than cancel, my party. So now, the new party date is April 14th at 2pm at the same restaurant. Mommy will probably make a new "upbeat" montage for the party. Gosh - I'm really hoping that this time everything works out OK. In the Korean culture, the 1st birthday (along with the 60th) is considered a significant event and so many Korean families do fairly large scale events to celebrate this occasion.

ANYWAYS . . . going back to my birthday update. I was really fortunate to have both sets of grandparents come up/down to see me. They even came bearing gifts! And it's not even my birthday yet! Just two more days!

Grandma & Grandpa Yook brought down a handmade cross stitch wall decoration for my room. Normally, I would love to post a picture of it, but in the last several months, I've been trying to avoid posting anything on my blog that is too personal. I will say, however, that the cross stitch was really beautiful and it goes well with my bedroom decor. Thanks so much!!!

Uncle Will, Auntie Victoria, Alex & Aby also stopped by with the cutest rain jacket and boots from my all time favorite clothing store: Janie and Jack. I will definitely post some pictures of me in my new "rain outfit" as soon as I get a chance.

Mom Mom Mom gave this cool bike! My first one ever! She also gave me a generous contribution towards my college!


Mom Mom & Pop Pop brought down a ton of gifts, including this balloon . . .


and a Build a Bear named "Kitty." I love Kitty's adorable Hello Kitty jamies! I guess someone knows that I am a Hello Kitty fan:) Kitty also came with a birth certificate- kind of like the one that I got when I was born.


Mom Mom & Pop Pop also got me some mega blocks (the version for sweet girls like me). I especially enjoyed playing with the eyeballs:)



I also got a set of Laugh & Learn Pots & Pans!


Mom Mom & Pop Pop are also getting me the little playzone with sounds and lights


and a table and chair set.

We're still getting better from our illness. I think I'm the healthiest in my family. My parents - especially my dad, is still kind of sluggish. I think we had the norwalk virus. I heard that there was some kind of outbreak of either the norwalk or norovirus at one of the hotels kind of near where we live. It wasn't a really fun time for us. Hopefully, we'll be 100% soon.

We adjusted fairly well to losing an hour of sleep.

Also, I wanted to give a birthday shout out to my Uncle Chuck! Happy Birthday Uncle Chuck! I'll post pictures if we end up doing something tonight.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Love,
Jackie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home