Jackie & Jonathan's Playhouse

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Almost 15 Months (on June 13th):



Hi Everyone,

I wanted to write a list of things that I can and cannot do as of now (I'll be 15 months in a few days) so that I can keep a record for myself. My blog is kind of like my baby book.

Can do:
1. Crawl: from about 11.5 months
2. Cruise: from about 10 months (yeah - I thought that I was going to walk before I crawled).
3. Pull-up on furniture
4. Stand up alone
5. Flip through pages of board books


6. I can definitely say "mama," "dada," and "eat." I "think" that I can also say the following words (but I'm not terribly consistent at this point): I can sort of say "nana" (for banana), "baby" (for my baby doll), and "up." Yesterday, Mommy thinks that she heard me say "eat" "nana" and she gave me a banana.
7. I definitely understand the word "no" - as I normally throw a fit whenever I hear that ugly word.
8. I can climb up steps - but I haven't had a lot of practice because I live in a one floor house.


9. I initiate chase games. I love to chase Mommy & Daddy and I love being chased by Mommy & Daddy.
10. I also love peekaboo.
11. I am extremely attached to my pink bunny.
12. I eat 50% table foods and 50% baby food. Some of my favorite table foods include bananas, wheat muffins with almond butter, pizza crust, broccoli, chicken (from chicken stir fry). the only baby foods that I like are green beans (Gerber Organic) and Chicken & Wild Rice (Tender Harvest). I pretty much reject all other varieties. I also love to eat Yobaby. A couple months ago, I was on a "Yobaby strike" - but I mysteriously decided that I liked Yobaby again.
13. I love to smile at people (including strangers). Mommy took me to the dry cleaners the other day, and I had a really fun time laughing with the dry cleaner lady.
14. Recently, Mommy got me a baby doll and I started feeding it some milk (kind of like what Mommy does with me. (Sorry - I was having trouble rotating the pics - not sure why the rotation function wasn't working):



15. I can drink out of a cup - but Mommy has to hold the cup.
16. I can sometimes drink from a straw - but I'm still working on that.
17. I can sometimes respond to commands such as "come here" and "Jackie eat."
18. I can respond to my name.
19. I have most of my teeth.
20. I love taking baths - and sometimes I cry when Mommy takes me out of the tub.
21. I take one 2-3 hour nap a day and I sleep very well at night.
22. I love being outdoors and being "one" with nature.
23. I often crawl to Mommy & Daddy if they left the room.
24. I love looking at mirrors - esp. the one in Mommy & Daddy's room b/c I can see 4 of me at the same time!
25. I still have my blue eyes.
26. I understand other people's gestures. For instance, whenever Daddy puts on his sneakers, I know that means we'll be taking a walk - so I crawl to our front door.
27. I still love fighting with Alex over the tupperware lid.
28. I've started to "put things away." For instance, during my bath, I'll gather the foam letters and put them in my rinsing cup. Also, I'll put away some of my books in book bin.
29. I can clap and wave. However, I don't wave as much as I used to.
30. Recently I've been putting Daddy's cell phone to my ear. However, I don't do this with any of my toy phones.
31. I finally started going to the church nursery a two Saturdays ago (yes, I go to Church on Saturday nights). Both times I did OK, but I wasn't 100% happy. Both times, the caregiver had to stroll me around to me happy. Here is a picture of me the right after Mommy & Daddy dropped me off at nursery (this is my second in the nursery). I got to see my friend Jacob and his grandmother there.



Things that I am still working on:
1. I am still having some difficulty walking independently. My pediatrician believes that it is a "confidence" issue. I can take a couple steps from time to time, but it's been over 2-3 weeks since I took a step.
2. I am still working on expanding my vocabulary.
3. I am learning to brush my teeth (just started today).


4. I do not know my letters or shapes.
5. I am still trying to figure out the shape sorter toy.
6. I cannot spell my name, but I know that my name is Jackie.
7. I cannot read.
8. I cannot point (though I may have pointed to Mommy's nose today). My inability to point is Mommy's biggest concern right now.


9. I cannot point to my body parts
10. I'm working on potty training (I've had a few nice poops in the potty).


Other things about me:
1. I am on an organic diet.
2. I love my family and friends.
3. Daddy still calls me his genius baby.

Love,
Jackie

6 Comments:

Blogger Victoria said...

wow... how did you take that artistic pic of Jackie? nice!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, you sure know a lot for a 15 month old! Good job!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Joey! said...

Jackie, you are so smart. Joey is so proud of you!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Wipawee said...

You are doing great Jackie!!
Don't worry about walking. She will walk in her own time. My Step-son, Josh walked at 16 months. Next thing you know, you will chasing Jackie around the playground.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Ningning said...

Jackie, that's a lot of stuff you do as a 15 months old. Good for you!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jackie,
Recently,I did not hear you and see your cute photos. What's happened ?.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home