Jackie & Jonathan's Playhouse

Monday, May 21, 2007

Quick Recovery from Stomach Flu #2

Hi Everyone,

Did you miss me? Sorry that I haven't posted in a few days. I actually started writing a post on Saturday night, but Uncle Chuck started messing around on my computer and my post got deleted! Thanks Uncle Chuck;)

Well on Friday morning, I woke up to my own vomit - gross, I know! But I had to share anyways;) I was bit lethargic afterwards and I proceeded to take a 3 hour nap. After the nap, Mommy gave me some milk (not realizing that I had the stomach flu at the time - rather, she thought that I was sick from her terrible cooking). After that second bottle of milk, I threw up again. Mommy got worried and took me to see Dr. T, who confirmed that I had the stomach flu. I'm not sure how I got it since none of my friends had it (and luckily, didn't get it from me - at the least the last that I checked). I had a lowgrade fever 99.4 (Dr. T. said that a lot of doctors wouldn't even consider that a fever). Anyways, Mommy & Daddy put me on pedialyte. By evening time, I was feeling much better. By day 2, I felt 100% - but Mommy & Daddy continued to give me that nasty pedialyte to "be on the safe side." However, Mommy did sneak in some solids in my meals. In fact, I was feeling so good by day 2 that I helped Daddy mow the lawn. Didn't I do a good job with the lawn? Daddy says that he doesn't know what he would have done without my help!




Overall, this bout with the Mr. Stomach Flu was nothin compared to what I went through back in March. In March, I threw up 5 times within 2 hours. Also, I got Mommy and Daddy sick too. I didn't get diahrea - but I didn't get it last time either ("thank God" says Mommy & Daddy).

Today, Mommy & I headed to the shopping center to take care of some errands. Afterwards, she took me to Olney park so that I could have some fun on the swings:)

OK - that's it for now!

Love,
Jackie

1 Comments:

Blogger Wipawee said...

So glad that you feel better, Jackie!
We don't want you to lose that chubby cheeks=)

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home