Finally - a Break Through with the Sippy Cup!
Hi Everyone,
I'm so excited to share my BIG NEWS! I was finally able to drink out of the sippy cup! Before, I would scream or bat away the sippy every time Mommy brought it close to my face. If I was "cooperative," I would either play with the sippy or lick it - but not really drink out of it. Until today, I may have taken 2-3 sips out of a sippy cup.
Well today, Mommy & I went to Safeway to restock on Mommy's fruit juices:) We decided to stroll down the baby aisle just for fun (btw- I am no longer a baby - I keep trying to tell Mommy that, but she still calls me "Baby Jackie"). Mommy saw these Gerber Sipster Sippy cups on discount and she said to me "let me give it one more shot." Just some background: Mommy already bought 7 different cups for me try, but I didn't like any of them.
Believe it or not - I actually drank 4 ozs out of this sippy cup! Here is a pic of the sippy:
***Mommy put some of her mango twist juice diluted with lots of water in the sippy.
The next thing that I need to learn is how to tilt up the sippy. I can only hold a bottle or sippy in the correct position if I'm lying down - but not when I'm standing up or sitting up.
Sorry that I haven't been posting as frequently this week, but my whole family has been sick! Mommy & Daddy have bad colds and I'm getting over some massive teething issues!
Before I go to bed, I wanted to post another super cute picture of me:

Love,
Jackie
Btw- unlike Mommy & Daddy, I don't wear the same clothes every day. It may seem like I do b/c my last few photos show me in my white long sleeve onesie - but I have 7 of these and I wear this particular onesie as part of my sleep clothes. I normally put either a sleep sac or sleeper over this onesie.

2 Comments:
You and NJ will have matching sleepwear- I bought the 5 pack white long sleeve onesie from Carters- we're hoping to transition him into a sleep sack as soon as he is weaned from being swaddled! He is breaking out of it pretty much every night, but wants to be swaddled when put down! Can you believe we're still using the miracle blanket? (just the arms)
a huge congrats to jackie for taking the sippy cup!! it should be downhill (easy riding) from here :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home